Friday, May 10, 2013

A Bad Start To Jon's Vacation

Jon took this coming week off of work for 1 of his 2 weeks of vacation that he has earned.  He plans on finishing planting his garden, although the weather isn't really cooperating.  This morning he went out for breakfast and shopping.  When he got home, I was upstairs with Jess getting her ready for the day when he hollered up at me to come down, that he needed me!

I ran down the stairs and found that he had (accidently, of course) stabbed himself (between the left thumb and pointer finger) as he was cutting open a bouquet of flowers for me for Mother's Day.  It was a pretty deep cut, bled a lot, and required 2 stitches, a tetanus shot and an antibiotic.  He managed to make it through the day with only Tylenol, but he sure looks like he could use something stronger tonight.  Tetanus shots are tough, let alone the stitches.  Not a good way to begin his long-awaited-for vacation.  Let's just pray that it doesn't get infected.  That would not be a good thing.  He's had cellulitis several times already.  We don't need another.

I went to breakfast with Debbie and Jess this morning.  Unfortunately, I choked on my iced tea at one point and as soon as I looked at Jess, I could tell that the explosion was coming.  Sure enough, Jess screamed "NO!"  The restaurant got very quiet real quick.  Neither Debbie or I made an issue of it, and she quieted down quickly.  I'm sure many people jumped out of their seats, though!  Life is always exciting around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment