Friday, May 31, 2013

Appointments and Compliments

My day began at a 9:00 dental appointment for Jessie.  She has been going in by herself for several years now and they use a "quiet room" for her.  Today the padding on the carpeted quiet room wasn't enough to drown out her screaming.  At least it didn't last for long.  No cavities.  Wisdom teeth still not coming through or posing a problem - I am SOOOO grateful!

When we got home, Debbie came and Lois and I went out to the Hall Road area - just where you want to be in bad weather - NOT!  Anyway, we were able to do what needed to be done in between the rain drops.  I had a 1:00 p.m. thyroid ultra sound scheduled and before we did that we went to Wendy's for a fast lunch and Office Depot to have her prayer letter run.

While at Wendy's the manager there that I've gotten to know over the years (he used to be at the Romeo Wendy's) greeted me with "Wow! You've lost a lot of weight!"  I was stunned.  I have lost 20 pounds and a size down in clothes, but to have a man notice?  That took me completely off guard.

As we waited for Lois' order to be completed in Office Depot, two women walked by, looked at me and said: "I love your hair!"  "Mine?" I asked taken aback?  "Yes, it's really nice!"  I'm thinking - seriously?  Both of these compliments came out of the blue and I was almost waiting for the 3rd later in the day!  It didn't happen, but I'll certainly take two!

No comments:

Post a Comment