Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cutting The Grass

I had a meeting at church this morning that lasted a couple hours, came home and when Debbie and Jess were done grocery shopping, I went to Wendy's for lunch with them.  We made a couple stops on the way home.  Debbie had to leave early to get Mike from school and take him for a dental appointment.  Rachel came earlier and was weeding my garden.  Jessie picked up dog poop.  For some strange reason, she enjoys doing this.  It's OK with me.  She does a great job. 

When she was done scooping, she came back in the house and watched her iPad and worked with her beads.  I cut the back grass and tried to beat the rain.  The entire inside of the back yard is done and trimmed.  Rachel helped me dump the clippings because the bag was too heavy for me to lift.  My knees are none too happy tonight, but I enjoy working in the yard and happy I can do some things out there.

Rachel did a good job weeding.  My flower garden has been invaded by what I thought was a weed from my neighbors.  It began last year and now its invaded an entire half of my garden.  It's also very sticky.  When Rachel got home she looked it up and found out it's actually a flower.  It's called Catchweed, Bedstraw, Goose Grass, Cleavers and get this ... Sticky Willy!  I wish I knew its name before Bill died, I would have blamed it on him, as I often called him Willie!  Imagine. Sticky Willy is in my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment