Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

As we were having a great afternoon of sport shooting outdoors, I was reminded of all those men and women who carried weapons to defend our country and died so that I could shoot for pleasure. They paid the ultimate sacrifice for me.  For you. I am grateful for them and for all those who have served or continue to serve our country, whether in the military or local law enforcement. Thank You!

Bill, Ruth and Billy are here for Mom's funeral and we all went to Chris' for a nice lunch and then I joined the young ones in shooting.  I even shot Bill's rifle. The last time was over 25 years ago. I must say, I had a great afternoon shooting.

Jess was in the house with the adults and was good for them. According to them, she just kept telling us to be quiet. It was a bit loud, even with ear protection.


No comments:

Post a Comment