Thursday, May 16, 2013

Vacation Day ... 180.7 Miles

Jon, Jacob, Jess and I went to Cabela's in Dundee for the afternoon.  We weren't able to leave until 10:30 because I had a meeting with Jessie's case worker, so when we arrived in Dundee, we had lunch at Wendy's first.

Jess and I spent 3 hours inside Cabela's and the boys 4 hours.  We've enjoyed shopping in this huge store several times and there were a lot of new things to look at (and drool over, too, for that matter!) 

You'll notice that Jess is in her transport chair.  Whenever we go to a mall or a very large store, like Cabela's or Outdoor World at Great Lakes Crossings, we put her in her chair.  Otherwise, it's too overwhelming and she gets worked up and starts running from here to there.  Pushing her also helped me walk with my bum knee.  Jess and I took many breaks.  We even shared the best Reese's peanut butter cup cookie I've ever eaten.  Way too many calories for a whole one each, that's for sure. 


When we finished shopping, Jess and I went to the van and chilled for an hour till the boys finally came out.  They told me they could have spent another 4 hours in there!  I'm glad they had a good time.  I let Jon pick out his own birthday present.

We stopped at a Jerkey store and Jess and I waited in the van while the boys went inside.  It wasn't a very large store, from what I could tell.  After 15 minutes I texted Jon and asked if they were OK.  He came to the van smiling and said that we needed to come in because it was such an awesome store and there were free samples of everything!  They had been spending a lot of time eating samples. 

When we were finished in the store, I asked everyone if they were hungry and ready for dinner and Jacob laughed and said, "Not as much as before!  I ate a lot of samples!" 

Before we left Dundee we did eat pizza at Tiffany's.   It was on a little side street right in the old part of town and I had to parallel park.  I'm not real good at that, since there isn't a lot of parallel parking needed around our home.  Anyway, I had to attempt it twice.  The second time Jon said, "What are you doing?"  I replied that I was going to start over and try again.  From the back seat came Jessie's voice:  "Jessie scared!  Bad Mom!"  She sure doesn't miss much.  When we got within one mile of our home, Jess said, "Home!  Thank you, Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment