Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Nice Family Day Today

Jon worked a lot outside in his garden and around the garden almost all day.  Jess spent a good part of the morning outside with us, too.  She was swinging and singing in her hammock then she and I sat on the 2-seater swing and goofed around for awhile.  We went to the post office then had our Saturday McDonald's picnic. 

I put a message on FB early in the morning that I was disappointed I couldn't work in my garden because I could barely walk.  I've had to use my cane all day.  I wondered what I could do sitting down.  Well, I sat on the swing outside for awhile then I decided I might as well try to sweep the sidewalk.  Then I weed wacked a bit.  I pulled a few close weeds to the sidewalk.  Dorene dropped in to see Jon's garden and helped me move a hosta and put some mulch down.  It's amazing what she can do in so short of a time.  I just have a hard time sitting still when there is so much to be done.  I think I'm going to have a difficult time when I have my knee replaced. 

Jon, Jess and I went to church tonight.  It was the first time in ??? that the 3 of us went together.  I don't think we ever have, to be honest.  Jess wasn't too bad.  A bit distracting.  Tonight was also communion and since Jess has Jesus in her heart, she partakes of communion.  She understands what the bread and the "wine" stand for.  With her eyes  closed, moving back and forth, she kept saying, "Jesus' blood."  "Jesus' body."  "Jesus pain."  It touched my heart. 

However, I didn't think to mention to her that we no longer have bread.  We switched to round wafers.  She was handed one, looked at it, handed it back and said, "No, thank you!"  I did make her take it and it was too funny watching her eat it when it was time.  I told her it was flat bread.  I was just hoping she wouldn't gag on it.  Thankfully, she didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment