Monday, May 13, 2013

The Dollar Store Is A Dangerous Place To Be

Jess and I went on our normal Girl's Day Out, which really is only lunch and a little shopping afterward.  She was demanding McDonald's all morning long (and I do mean all morning!), but when I pulled into a Subway's parking space, she was just as happy since she loves their oven roasted chicken subs.  She can order her own sandwich and tells them exactly what she wants on it.  I think that's pretty good. 

Since it's Jon's (25th) birthday on Friday, we went to the dollar store to buy him a card and see if we could get something for his garden from Jess.  Well, she picked out the card, but 95% of the garden stuff is already gone.  I guess we'll have to go somewhere else later this week.  Taking Jessie in our local dollar store is dangerous - she always walks in the store naming off items she wants to buy.  Today, however, she repeatedly said, "No ball today!" 

At 5:00 p.m. I met Chris and Bill's cousins Joyce and Carol at Ken's Country Kitchen in Richmond for dinner.  It's our first time meeting since Carol left for Arizona for the winter and Joyce has returned from spending the winter in Georgia.  We had a nice visit and made plans for another get together. 

Chris and I stopped in and visited Aunt Etta (Mom Sutton's 97 1/2 year old sister) for about a half hour.  She lives in an assisted living home in Richmond, and hasn't changed much.  Doesn't even look older - I haven't seen her all winter.  She says she's no better, but no worse.  Guess that's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment