Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I've Got To Get Up Sooner

It just doesn't work when you oversleep.  It starts the day off on a bad note, for sure.  I was supposed to leave at 8:30 a.m. for my 9:00 water aerobics class.  I finally got out of bed at 8:15 a.m. and quickly washed my hair, threw on my bathing suit and clothes, and tried to race out the door at 8:45.  Jessie wasn't too pleased that I was leaving on a fast note, and since I got up late, I got Jon up late, so he wasn't so happy either.  I wrecked the morning for all of us.  I almost stayed home thinking that I was so late anyway, but I decided I needed the water. 

I put my bag in the van, grabbed my water bottle, opened the garage door and discovered that Jon's jeep was in the driveway and not in his parking spot.  Back in the house for his keys and I had to move his jeep. 

Finally on the road, I began eating my oatmeal and banana breakfast cookie.  Just past Jewell on 27 Mile Road a deer runs out in front of the van.  I did not see it coming.  Thankfully, there was enough space between the van and the deer.  Arriving at the gym God gave me a front row parking spot.  That was a blessing because my knee hasn't been too good.  I grab my gear, "race" in to sign in only to be told that "Water Aerobics has been cancelled for today."  I just stared at the woman and said, "Seriously?  Do you know what I've been through just to get here?"  (Like she cared.)

Well, since I was there I decided I'd go in and get in the pool anyway because the last time there was no teacher, other fellow classmates led the class.  Not today!  They had pulled the tubing across the pool for lap lane swimming.  No one was around  from the class.  I ended up walking a half hour in the lazy river and sitting in the hot tub for 15 minutes.

All this to say that I do not get up in the morning very well and for 28 1/2 years, Bill made sure I got up when I needed to be.  I've got to figure out a way to do it myself, but nothing has worked yet.  I am just not a morning person.  Thankfully, Bill was. 

Tonight I hosted our first Stephen Ministers Ladies Night.  There were 8 of us and we had a very nice time.  I'm looking forward to next month when we'll meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment