Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday morning I was able to ride along with our friend, Bob R., to the airport to pick up Lois.  I've driven her and picked her up in Flint, but not in Detroit.  It has changed so much since we used to fly from there, which wasn't often anyway.  Lois' plane landed at 11:17, we got her luggage, drove to my house, put her luggage in my van, she changed dresses, and I drove her to the funeral home.  Family viewing was from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m.  I dropped her off at EXACTLY 1:00 p.m.  Only God could have done that.  I still don't know how it happened.  Considering times and how far she had to come, she should have been late.

I drove home, picked up Jon, took Lois' luggage to her Mom's, went for lunch, came home and changed clothes and went back to the funeral home.  When we left we drove to Debbie's to pick up Jess because Debbie had an earlier appointment at home and took Jess there with her, so we could spend a little while at the funeral home. (Thanks so much, friend!)   By the time we got home, changed clothes and fixed dinner, I was done for the night.  Thus, no blog.

Today, Wednesday, I attended Wes' funeral/life celebration. It was very nice, but it was hard for me.  It felt like I lost another piece of Bill.  Wes was very important in our lives, especially Bill's, and the loss weighed heavy on me today.  I looked around at all the people that were there today and knew that Bill would have enjoyed being there and visiting with all the "old" Romeo Baptist family, as well as the Beadle families and friends.  Instead, I'm sure Bill and Wes were spending time together.  Maybe watching today's activities.  Maybe they were just too excited to care about us here, being in the presence of Jesus.  Who knows?  I just know that I miss them both.

When I got home I was too tired to do anything but sit and take a short nap.  Little Caeser's got a visit from me for dinner.  Then I went back to church to hear the Kingswood University Chorale.  What a wonderful concert.  Kingswood is a Wesleyan University located way up in Canada somewhere I can't remember.  The Chorale is on a 10-day US tour.  It was so good to see Peter Torres as part of this group.  I got a hug from him from his mom, Doreen, and I sent one back via Peter. 

I know that Wes would have been so pleased to know that a few short hours after his funeral, our auditoriuim (gym) was filled with 40 voices singing praises to Jesus.  I could almost hear him say, "Now, wasn't that just grand?"

1 comment: