Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Ate The Entire Meal !!!

Jess and I did our usual Saturday late morning running around: post office, bank and McDonald's drive thru.  Jon was already out shopping so we called him to come eat lunch with us.  We ate in the parking lot behind McDonald's.  A sort-of picnic that Jess enjoys each Saturday.

While Jess stayed in the house and was really good, Jon and I worked outside.  It was a little cool, breezy, but otherwise good working weather.  I worked in my flower garden for about 3 hours.  It's coming along nicely.  I helped Jon cover his plants, as the next 2 nights are supposed to break records for being cold and frosty.  I don't appreciate having to put shoes and socks back on after enjoying sandals for over a week!

Both Jon and I kept walking to the window to see if Jess was where she was supposed to be, and she was.  I'm beginning to think that she enjoys being alone in the house.  So far, so good. 

By the time I finished I was so tired and sore that I just couldn't think of standing in the kitchen for another hour fixing dinner.  So we drove down to the Ocean Breeze.  I can't remember the last time we were there, especially the 3 of us.  I don't think we ever have.  It was packed, as usual, but Jess did fairly well.  I ordered liver and onions and ate the entire plate full.  It was really good.  I also splurged and had a piece of strawberry cheese cake.  I'll call it my Mother's Day gift to myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment