Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Day With Mom

Brenda was unable to work today, so Jess and I had an unexpected "Girls Day Out".  After the Healthy Girlfriend's get together this morning, we went to the post office, lunch, pet store, Salvation Army and dollar store before calling it a day. 

This is for you, Doreen:  we walked into Pizza Hut for lunch for their salad and pizza bar only to find out it doesn't have one anymore!  You have to order a pizza and order a salad.  That probably tells you how long its been since I've been in a Pizza Hut!  They probably changed years ago.  Well, we walked out.  Instead we went to Jessie's #1 choice: KFC. 

Rachel came tonight while I went to a doTERRA introductory class.  I've wanted to learn more about the essential oils.  It was a fascinating and fun time and I bought the Home Physicians Kit and I'm on way to learning more.  More about this later.

Remember a couple days ago when I blogged about Jessie kissing a nursing home resident?  She also held her hand.  I found this little poem in a little book (seriously about 2" x 2") and wanted to share it with you:

Your Hand and Mine
 
'Tis the human touch in the world that counts -
The touch of your hand and mine -
Which means far more to the sinking heart
Than shelter or bread or wine.
 
For shelter is gone when the night is o'er,
And bread lasts only a day.
But the touch of the hand and the sound of the voice
Live on in the soul alway.
 
-- Spencer M. Free
 
 

1 comment:

  1. beautiful poem and post about Jess and the senior. love john's garden. Blessings to you today. Becky

    ReplyDelete