Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Not A Creature Was Stirring ...

The house is almost totally quiet.  Both kids are asleep.  Memphis is sound asleep and snoring.  There's no rain falling at the moment.  Just the sound of the keys as I type.  This is my favorite time of the day.  I am so a night person.  I seem to get more done at night before bed than I do during the day for some reason.

I was thrilled to hear Jessie say a word I've never heard her say before at dinner: SPICEY.  We had a salad for dinner and I put some Santa Fe tortillia strips on top.  She took one bite and said, "Spicey!"  I said to Jon: "Did she just say spicey?"  He confirmed that's what she said. 

Later on in the evening I asked her if she wanted my "blue" iPad because her's won't connect to Utube for some reason and she said, "No, blue bed time."  She's never put bed and time together before.  Even at almost 24 years old she's saying new words.  It's the little things in life that mean a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment