Monday, May 12, 2014

Water, Water. Everywhere!

We've had several storms today with torrential rains again.  I was supposed to meet Chris, Joyce and Carol for lunch in Richmond, but we were in the middle of a storm and I don't do storms.  I was supposed to go out to dinner with the Glory Girls tonight to celebrate Mary's birthday, but I opted out because of coming storms.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a repeat of today.  Quack quack!

I went and took the garbage cans out and needed boots.  I've never seen such standing water in our backyard.  My garden is under 2" or more of water.  I'm not even going to go to the basement because I know there will be lots of water down there, too, even with the 3 sump pumps running.  At least I'm grateful we have power and don't have to keep the sump pumps running with the generator! 

No comments:

Post a Comment