Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day

As I prepared our barbeque today I thought of all the people I've known that served our country and fought for our freedom that we enjoy each day.  I thanked my sister when she and Randie came for lunch for her service to our country. She served 4 years in the Navy.  We remembered our brother, Ed, who served as a Marine.  Chris' husband, Larry, Bill's cousin, served in Vietnam.  Grandpa Beadle was a WWII vet, as well as a POW.  My dad was also in the Navy, just as WWII was ending. Both Larry and Grandpa came home from active war time.  Tens of thousands have not. Thank you doesn't seem adequate, does it? May God continue to bless the United States and the many men and women who serve us still, either at home or on foreign soil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment