Saturday, May 31, 2014

Jessie's Day With Mom

Jessie's arm continues to look better.  Thanks so much for your continued prayers.

We had a late breakfast, I did a bit of paperwork, then we went to the post office, the bank, Kohl's, McDonald's drive thru for a picnic in the van, then Kroger's.  When we got home I was beat.  I did 3 loads of wash and was able to sit down and rest for a couple hours.  Did Jess rest?  Not!

It was emotionally draining for me today as Jess acted up in Kroger's because of a small child's cry.  We were walking along together, her hand on the basket.  I looked one way, she must have let go because the next thing I heard was her scream behind me.  That got a lot of attention!  Mine, too, since I thought she was still next to me!  She was reacting to the child who was still making noise.  I walked back to her, grabbed her hand and led her as far away from the child as I could, except they kept following us.  I distracted her with her purchasing some crackers for herself.  I think I got everything on my list.  It's hard to tell.

I grilled again tonight.  Meatloaf in large muffin tins and asparagus spears.  Baked potatoes in the microwave.  Another perfect dinner, if I do say so myself.  Plus, it was perfect eating on the deck.  I wish everyone had as nice of a deck as I have.  Thank you, Bill !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment