Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day didn't go quite as planned, but it was nice anyway.  Jon, Jess and I went to Dimitri's for breakfast, which is the very first time I've ever been in a restaurant on Mother's Day.  Jess had a hard time, as there were a lot of children in there. 

We went to Chris' house for dinner.  Ashley planned the day for Chris and we came along.  Sean bbq'd chicken tenderloins that were really good.  After lunch and brownie sundae's for dessert the boys went outside to do some shooting.  I went out for awhile but only shot about 4 times with 2 different guns.  I let them have fun just themselves. 

Unfortunately, Jessie was so wound up today that it drove me nuts, as well as everyone else, except they said it was OK.  She did NOT have a good day, emotionally, that's for sure.  I should have given her an Adivan but I don't like to do that.  I even tried some lavender essential oil and that didn't help.  She's quiet now, though. We're about ready to go to bed.

Jon gave me a calla lilly plant for Mother's Day, along with the Willow Tree "Abundance" and a beautiful card.  I also got a Mother's Day card from Memphis!  Jessie gave me a tiny rose plant and a large chocolate chip cookie and a card.  I'm blessed to be a Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment