Saturday, June 27, 2015

Catching Up - Part 2 ... Friday's Blog

Jessie was the first one up, as always. Jon next, then me, as always. After all, I was on vacation!

Their hot breakfast was outstanding and we were able to sit under the huge tree in their eating area. If I'm not mistaken, Lois and I sat at that very same table 2 years ago.

We packed up, loaded up and left the hotel around 10:00 a.m. We stopped at the Village Bakery, also on the property. I am soooooo glad that it's 150 miles away! I've never had such good bakery items. It would be too much of a temptation.











I really didn't want to just go right home and we were close by 1:00 p.m. so I stayed on I-75 and we went to Great Lakes Crossings. We ate lunch in the food court then we went to Michigan's Sea Life Aquarium. I'm glad we spent the money - it was worth the cost. It was really nice. If you have kids, or if you like aquariums, you need to visit this one.


You will notice that we had Jessie in her transport chair. As you know, there's no problem with her walking and it would have been good exercise for her. However, being in large open areas with a lot of people would have been terrifying for her. It's too much stimulation and she would either have run or sat down on the floor and refused to budge. We've learned all this the hard way. The transport chair is the way to go, especially in a mall. I think it makes her feel enclosed and safe.

At one of the exhibits, a worker let Jessie touch an African Star Fish that she had in a plastic box. All the exhibits were awesome and we all had a good time. I especially enjoyed watching the sting rays. They are so graceful in the water. (I remember watching them in the ocean when I was in Hawaii another life-time ago.)

We left and picked up a Little Caeser's Pizza for dinner. There was no way I was fixing any thing to eat. I also took a 2-hour nap from 6-8:00 p.m. And, no, it didn't wreck my night's sleep. I slept from 11:30 to 8:30 a.m. with no trouble.

Well, that brings my blog up-to-date, and I also need to thank Rachel for house and dog sitting. Without her willingness to be here, we wouldn't be able to go any where. Thanks, Rachel!




No comments:

Post a Comment