Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Spending Time Outside

I enjoyed a couple hours on the deck this afternoon listening to our new water fountain and taking a nap. It's a very peaceful sound. I know that Bill would have loved it!

We've been eating our meals outside and tonight around 8:00 p.m. Jessie decided she wanted to go outside and play with chalk. I wasn't about to let that happen, mean mother that I am. Instead I had her sit on the double swing with me and we watched FB video posts.

Actually, Jessie was waiting for it to get dark so she could see the lights that are in the water fountain. We sat there for quite some time but then she fell asleep. I let her sleep until my toes were frozen and by that time she could see the lights through the water.

As I said before, the back yard is a work in progress. We have to decide how we're going to landscape the area where the swing is. We also want to put some type of shrubs or hearty ornamental grass around the fountain. Not sure yet. I worked about an hour outside this afternoon just around the tree at the bottom of the steps. My garden is over run again with fern that I got from my mom's house before we sold it. That stuff overtakes everything!



1 comment:

  1. that is a great mother/daughter picture of you and Jess chilling it! Didn't get Jess's card sent until yesterday so it probably won't get there before Monday

    ReplyDelete