Thursday, June 11, 2015

Wednesday's Blog

I couldn't get on the internet last night, so I was unable to blog. I wanted to share pictures of Jessie working on Aunt Lois' prayer letter. Other than the constant screaming, "NO!" throughout the day, Jess had a good day. She emptied and refilled the dish washer, folded towels and put labels on envelopes for prayer letters. She did a really good job with very little help from Debbie. She even stuffed them with 2 sheets of paper. Great job, Jessie !!! Aunt Lois is proud of you, too!

My day didn't go as planned, but that's no surprise. Plan B worked out well, too. Doreen and Matt came and weeded for me and I had to go to the bank, post office, Walgreen's and get gas before I went and had my hair done.

Stephen Ministry met last night. The Leader's (mostly Barry) put on a BBQ for everyone to close out the Continuing Ed portion of our every-two-week meeting for the "year", even though we meet one more time for CE and then just Supervision for the summer.

It was a good evening with great food and fellowship. Former SM, Shannon, came and gave an update on her journey with kidney cancer. Very few eyes were dry last night. Mine especially.

Even though I am so grateful for God sparing people's lives from the dreaded cancer, I weep because sometimes His healing comes through earthly death. Sometimes it just hurts when you've lost a loved one and others are healed. Please don't get me wrong. I do rejoice in their healing. I praise God for his mercy for them. But, sometimes the tears just flow.

Bill was a believer in Christ and I know exactly where he is this moment. He's with Jesus. In Heaven. For him, nothing could be better. I'm a firm believer in the Bible and I take comfort in scripture that says we have a time to be born and a time to die. Those days are already preset. If Bill didn't have cancer, March 8, 2012, would still have been his day to die.

When I got home from SM I wrote a letter to God telling Him how I felt because that was the only way I was going to get through the night. I'm glad His word also says: "His mercies are new every morning!"





No comments:

Post a Comment