Friday, June 5, 2015

Jessie's Birthday Celebration

For the 5th year in a row, we went to the Hampton Inn to celebrate Jessie's birthday yesterday. Brenda, Jessie and I arrived around 3:00 p.m. and after checking in we got in our bathing suits and headed to the pool.  Brenda and I had a nice time in the water ... Jessie said she was scared and wouldn't get in the pool. I couldn't believe it. We were the only ones in the pool and Jess has been in this pool at least 10 times before. I have no idea what her problem was. She just refused to put more than her feet in the water. Go figure.

The party began around 5:00 with Jessie and me, Brenda and Debbie, Jane and Rachel, Diane and Randie and Chris. We had Louie's pizza and salad (again for the 5th time) then for something different, she had a chocolate chip cookie cake.
I think it was a hit because she kept saying, "MMM" "MMM""MMM"!

After we ate we went to the room and she opened her presents. She had a really fun time and thanked everyone for their gifts!  When she was finished she was done partying and got her portable DVD player, tiles and laid on the bed and watched a movie.

Diane, Randie, Jane, Rachel, Chris and I played a couple games of Pairs to Pairs, then it was just Jane and Rachel, Jessie and me to spend the night. Jess was out before too long (she had Gym class earlier in the day) and Jane and I talked for a bit.

Today, Friday, we had breakfast downstairs then Jane and Rachel left. Jon took the day off of work because he's not been feeling well for awhile and went to the doctor. When he was finished, he came to the hotel room and Jessie showed him each gift that she received. I think that was so special.
He also helped me get everything in the van.

Debbie met us at home and took Jessie to Meijer's grocery shopping and the post office. After the groceries were put away, and the thunderstorm passed, I went with them to McDonald's for lunch. Jon spent the day in his room resting.

Just before dinner Jessie got out all her gifts and lined them up on the couch. She received Season 1 of Full House and watched the entire disc 1 tonight. I even enjoyed it. She's had a very nice couple of days. Thanks to everyone who made it special for her!








No comments:

Post a Comment