Saturday, May 30, 2020

A Day Outside

Saturday, May 30

Jon was in his garden even before Jessie and I got up this morning. I began outside right after breakfast. Rachel came to be with Jessie so I could go outside and not have to keep checking on Jessie. It's been such a beautiful, cool day. A perfect weather day.


Jon weeded and put down wood shavings around most of his plants. His garden is really doing well and looks so nice.

I cleaned up the fall leaves that never got picked up last year behind our small shed. I spent about 4 hours outside. By the time I finished, I could barely walk. I have bursitis in my right hip again. It's very painful, but I wanted to work outside. I had to take pain medicine and the pain is not as bad as it was this afternoon.

I will have to call the doctor on Monday and get a shot I guess. The last time I had a shot for bursitis,

Jon was with me. While the 10" needle was being inserted, I looked over at Jon and his eyes were wide and his hand over his mouth! Really, Jon! You're a nurse! He said that he'd never seen such a long needle. I felt every inch of it.

Jessie and Rachel made chocolate chip cookies this afternoon. Both girls had a good day.







I wasn't the only person who had to take pain medicine today. Jon's pretty good in the morning with his arthritis, but the more he does and the later in the afternoon, it goes down hill. But, we will reap a great vegetable harvest this fall due to his hard work.

"The Lord God took the man
and put him in the Garden of Eden
to work it and take care of it."
Genesis 2:15









No comments:

Post a Comment