Wednesday, May 6, 2020

She Was Happy Part of The Day

Wednesday, May 6

Jess made it downstairs this morning in a pretty good mood. Then it went downhill. Thinking her behavior might be an indicator of pain, I gave her some Tylenol which helped for awhile. She had a pretty good day with Jennifer. They did a lot of paperwork then mosaics and painting.

I took one of the vans to the Chrysler Dealer to have a new part put in the passenger back door as it wouldn't close this past winter. I had to go there in January and have them close it and order the part. My appointment was at 10:00 and I thought I'd wait for it. At 10:30 one of the service men told me not to wait as it would take a couple more hours. I just don't think they wanted me in their waiting room. All the couches and comfortable chairs were roped off and 3 hard, plastic chairs were spread out in the waiting area. I was looking forward to a nice couple of hours of reading.

Jennifer and Jessie picked me up. Several hours later I called to see when it would be finished. Surprise, surprise! The part they ordered in January was the wrong one. And they didn't know it during the half hour I waited? Anyway, because of the inconvenience, they delivered my van to our driveway.

My Wednesday at 10:00 Bible Study gals met tonight on Zoom at 7:00 p.m. We are reading the book, Psalm 91 and
discussing it. The first verse discussed in Chapter 1 is:

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty."

We talked about security and where we felt the most secure in our lives. Also, how do we dwell in the security and shelter of the Most High? 

"God provides a dwelling place in which we can be physically protected if we run to Him. … but unless you actually get up and run to the shelter - you will never experience it." (pg. 18 .. permission granted to use quotes)

"The secret place (dwelling place) is the intimacy and familiarity of the presence of God Himself."

Where do you find your security?




No comments:

Post a Comment