Sunday, May 24, 2020

Memorial Weekend

Saturday, May 23
Sunday, May 24

Yesterday was a work day. I cleaned the entire downstairs which took all day. Plus I did 4 loads of wash and even put the clothes away. I skinned 10# of chicken leg quarters and baked them for dinner and future meals. I was busy. I did my thing. Jessie did hers.

I didn't blog last night because I was feeling down. Not depressed. I have absolutely NO reason to be depressed. Looking at all the heart ache just in Michigan alone, my life is perfect. I'm not dealing with floods, (or even a wet basement anymore!) wildfires or a virus that has sickened and killed so many. Every once in a while I feel down for no apparent reason and it only last hours to one day. I pray, and find solace in the scriptures and in talking to God.

Today I've felt the same. This is unusual. I wonder if I'm finally feeling the effects of the "stay at home" order that's been in place for 2 months. I've cleaned every drawer and closet that I could find and have cleaned my house so many times myself, that there's not much to do anymore. I've begun organizing my 2013-2014 pictures to put into albums. I've read scores of books. I've played games on my iPad. I've called friends. I've even watched Hallmark Movies and Mysteries and even Christmas movies!

I think I'm lonely for my past social life. Maybe. This may be a reason. I miss my friends. I miss HUGS!

Even though Jon and Jessie are here, there's not much conversation that Jess and I can have because of her limited vocabulary. When Jon gets home he retreats either to his bedroom or the living room. We do talk, some. I enjoy the days that he has off and we do go out for a bit, but even then he's either in his garden or on his iPad in the living room when home. After all, he deserves peace and quiet after his hectic days at work.

I'm being honest here so that in years to come I'll read this and it might help me through another down time. I don't know.

I'm going to try sharing scripture here to not only lift up my soul, but anyone else who is having shut-in problems.

"Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest."
Psalm 55: 6

Sorry. I couldn't resist this one to begin with. It made me laugh. I just picked this out of the Psalm, but you might want to read the entire 55th. Psalm. The last line says ...

But as for me, I trust in You.

I do, Lord. I really do.


No comments:

Post a Comment