Sunday, May 31, 2020

Chronic Illnesses

Sunday, May 31

As many of you know, both my son and daughter have rheumatoid arthritis. There is not one day that goes by that they are not in pain. The same goes for me with a bad back and now bursitis in my hip. How does one live with the constant pain? One day at a time, hoping that tomorrow will be better.

I suffered for a year and a half with bone-on-bone in my hip before surgery. I cried out to God to relieve me from the excruciating pain. I was never granted a day without pain. What did I do? I just kept trusting God. He carried me through many pain-filled days.

Manual labor is very difficult for Jon. His hands cramp up and it's difficult to use them. However, he goes to work every day he's on the schedule. He also spends a great deal of time in his garden. He did quite a bit this morning in his garden and by afternoon he was walking like a 90-year-old saying, "I think I did too much!" However, he does have the satisfaction of a beautiful garden and the hope of a bountiful harvest:




My heart goes out to everyone who is suffering with chronic illness. I have good friends with Lyme Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and others with many different variations of arthritis. Just to name a few. If you know someone like this, please send up prayers for them, so that they would be able to trust God for their healing or help for the days of pain.

I often think of the people Jesus healed when he walked this earth. How exciting to witness, or be the receiver of perfect health. The woman with the 12-year bleeding issue, the paralytic, and all with whatever illness or diseases they had.

" … but the crowds learned about it
and followed him. He welcomed them
and spoke to them about the Kingdom 
of God, and healed those who needed healing."
Luke 9:11 



No comments:

Post a Comment