Friday, May 8, 2020

Shopping

Friday, May 8

While Jennifer was with Jessie, Jon and I went up to the Northern Farm Market looking for certain vegetable plants, as well as annuals and perennials. I figured since it was just before Mother's Day that there would be a lot of people. I was wrong. There were only 6 cars in the parking lot. A few more when we left. Then we drove to Deneweth's to get what we couldn't get at the Farm Market. The living room and family room are now looking like a greenhouse! I'm hoping they will all be able to be planted in the next week or so. I'm not holding my breath, as tonight is predicted to go down to 26 degrees. It'll be colder tonight than most of the winter! We even had off-and-on snow this afternoon.

I bought several perennials of various colors that I haven't seen before:


Shopping today I noticed that people don't look at one another. They keep their head down. No eye contact. Really unfriendly. Not me. Most everyone that I passed today I said "Good Morning". Only one person was as exuberant as I was and she was a worker at Deneweth's . It's like the public doesn't trust anyone. Like we're all contaminated. Pretty sad. Even though it's hard to see someone smile behind a mask, eye contact would be nice. A person's eyes crinkle when they smile, so you still might be able to see it. Nope. No one looks at you. Very, very sad. Where did our world go?

No comments:

Post a Comment