Sunday, May 17, 2020

Happy Birthday, Jon !!!

Sunday, May 17

As we all know, birthday celebrations have taken a different look since our "stay at home orders" went into effect. Even though we weren't able to celebrate Jon's special day at a restaurant, we brought the restaurant dinner to our home. Nick's 22nd Street has Jon's favorite rib eye steak with blue cheese on top, rice pilaf and French onion soup.


Jess had fish and steak fries with coleslaw and I had fish and sweet potato waffle fries with French onion soup. Both Jess and I had lots of left overs, enough for 2 lunches for Jessie later this week.

For dessert, we had a bumpy cake and carrot cake that we split 3 ways. The carrot cake was beyond good.

Presents were sparse, too, this year, as I haven't been shopping in over 2 months. I did manage to get him an Amazon gift card at Walgreen's the other day and Jessie and Jennifer made him a card. He said he had a very nice day, so that's what it's all about. Making someone's day happy, no matter what you can or cannot do.



BTW … this is Jon when he was 1 day old. It was one of the best moments of my life, being able to be a mother. I treasure both my children, and praise God that he gave me the desire of my heart, to be a wife and mother. That's all I ever wanted to be since I was 5 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment