Saturday, May 9, 2020

He Calls Us By ...

Saturday, May 9

Jessie had a much better day. In the picture she's in her favorite spot on the floor. On her iPad surrounded by her Apples 2 Apples cards. She just let out a holler, though. Her iPad ran out of battery. Oh, well. Now she has to use her old one that doesn't have You Tube. She plays games on it and listens to books. We had a good day together.

In fact, she did something so uncharacteristic that I want to remember this for years to come: she started laughing and came in to the kitchen where I was working and hit me with a couch pillow! So, we had a pillow fight!

Last night while reading my devotions, I read in Romans where it says that "all things work together for good." I read further and decided to see how The Message had certain passages. When I read Romans 9:27, I stopped and just sat and stared at the words. It reached into my soul and reminded me how much He cares for us and that I am special to Him.

"God doesn't count us,
He calls us by name.
Arithmetic is not His focus."

It's so amazing to me that the God of the Universe knows me by my name. In fact my name is on the Palm of His Hand. I hope yours is, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment