Monday, December 30, 2013

A Sick Jessie

Jess had a bad night last night and it was evident that she was sick.  Because our doctor's office was booked solid, we took her to Prompt Care.  I personally think she has a bladder infection, but whatever she has it's enough to put her on an antibiotic, Tylenol and Motrin.  As soon as she got in the car she started crying and didn't stop for quite awhile.  That was pathetic, as Jess rarely cries.  She went right to bed and that's where she is right now.

I stayed upstairs all day with her.  Unfortunately, I had several flashbacks of when I cared for Bill in his last days.  It was very overwhelming for me.  Jess doesn't get sick very often - in fact the last time was while Bill was dying.  I think she and I had food poisoning. 

I did paperwork while she rested and finished putting away stuff in my 2012 and 2013 diary.  The first page I opened in the 2012 book had the funeral card for Bill.  That did it.  I cried.  I sure do miss my Willlie.

Late in the afternoon I mentioned to Jess that she looked a bit better and she promptly replied, "NO, Jessie sick!"  I think she's enjoying all the attention she's getting, as well as being able to eat in bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment