Monday, December 23, 2013

Let The Festivities Begin ...

Brenda came this morning and took Jessie to where she used to work at a day work shop for mentally challenged adults.  Santa visited around 10:30, and as you can see, Jess had no trouble being next to him, much to my surprise.  I figured she would have no part in being near Santa.  I'm glad I was wrong.

She was pretty wound up when she got home, too, because Brenda and Jessie drove Santa somewhere (I forget where) because his sleigh broke down.  He sat in the back seat with Jessie.  Brenda's daughter, Jessica, was also with them and she got a video of Jess and Santa.  It was hysterical.  If Jess could have gotten any closer to the door, she would have.  I think having him in a building was one thing, but to have him next to her in the car was another matter.  Way too funny.

This was the first Monday I have been able to take Jessie to lunch for Girl's Day Out since before my surgery.  We invited Doreen and Shiloh to meet us at Wendy's and we had a fun time eating lunch together.  They came back after lunch and we exchanged gifts. 

Tonight "Aunt" Lois came for dinner and when Jon got home from work (unfortunately he came home sick!) we exchanged more presents.  Jess was pretty excited and has insisted that tomorrow morning is Christmas.  Tomorrow will be a L-O-N-G day!

No comments:

Post a Comment