Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

 We began with a Christmas Miracle this morning when Jess slept in until 7:45 a.m.!  That's unheard of for Christmas morning.  Since it was so late I had the kids get dressed then Jess helped Jon pass out presents.  As you can see, Jess got more than her required "ten presents".  She was very excited about all her gifts.

I made my mom's "Prize Coffee Cake" yesterday for us as a special treat for breakfast.  I don't make it often because I could eat the entire coffee cake myself.  Jon made us scrambled eggs and it made for a nice breakfast.

I wasn't feeling very well after I got the kitchen cleaned up, so I sat in my chair and took a nap for about an hour.  Jon took care of Jess.  Speaking of Jon, he's not any better than yesterday, in fact, he's worse.

Diane and Randie came over at 4:00 and brought the dinner - breaded sweet and sour chicken and pork, sweet potatoes and green bean casserole.  Jon made Red Lobster biscuits and dinner was great.  We topped it off with an apple pie someone gave me when I had my surgery.  It was from Westview Orchards, I froze it for Christmas, and it was delicious.  We've never had a pie from Westview before.  Only Verellen's.  Randie also made tiny lemon cakes - something like a small tart.  Yummy.

We opened presents again with Di and Randie after dinner and before dessert.  Memphis wanted what Di was opening.  He wouldn't leave her alone.  I guess he wanted the hand scrub for himself.  It does smell good!

Jess doesn't usually wear a hat, but I thought I'd see if she'd wear one that the younger kids (and some older ones are wearing).  She said it was "cute".

Jess and Jon have already gone to bed and I'm next.  Even though we didn't do much, I'm very tired. 

Merry Christmas to you!

Love,
Nancy, Jon and Jessie
Memphis, too







No comments:

Post a Comment