Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

Jon began his day at Urgent Care with a diagnosis of a sinus infection.  He's not doing too bad and, hopefully, the medication will make him feel much better before he goes back to work.

I'm about ready to lose my mind answering Jessie's constant questions about Santa coming tonight, and if Aunt Diane and Randie will bring presents, too, tomorrow.  She's been asking to go to bed for a couple hours - right after our special dinner.  I'm holding her off as much as I can.  I really don't want to start Christmas Morning at 4 a.m.!

Jess received a special visitor around 1:00 today. Santa came and brought her some slipper socks and coloring book!  Now, that makes two days in a row that she's seen Santa.  We've got the plate of cookies and cup of milk ready for tonight's Santa, too.

Jon wanted a duck for Christmas Eve dinner, so he treated us to it.  It was very good.  We also had instant mashed potatoes with cream cheese and chives, along with Jon's garden sugar snap peas and carrots.  Jon and I cleaned up the apple pie Lois brought last night and Jess settled for a Christmas cookie.

Well, it's 8:14 p.m. and I think I can get her upstairs as soon as I shut off all the lights.  There will be no screaming from her in a few minutes when I tell her it's time to go to bed, that's for sure!  I guess I need to be thankful for the small things.


No comments:

Post a Comment