Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Weepy Day

I had two doctor appointments scheduled but I was only able to do one.  My family physician wanted me to have a STAT doppler on my leg to see if any of the blood clots had moved or another had formed since I am experiencing pain above my knee.  Unlike Friday's doppler, today's was torture.  The technician pushed so hard I cried through the entire scan.  I should have insisted she stop and had them go get Jon but I wasn't thinking clearly. I kept telling her it hurt but she never quit pushing.

When I finished with it I broke down and sobbed and shook and cried for probably another 45 minutes.  I think the test pushed me over the edge.  The entire month caved in on me.  I am being very transparent.  It's not easy admitting I couldn't handle it this afternoon.  Maybe I just needed a good cry to help me emotionally.  I am better this evening. 

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since my surgery and it has been a very rough 4 weeks.  I had hoped to be half-way finished with PT.  I can't go back to PT until my family doctor or AMS releases me.  (AMS = Anticoagulation Management Services).  They monitor my INR, which yesterday's blood draw was way too high at 3.9.  Now we have to work to get it back down between 2 and 3. 

Rachel came and Jess made brownies. Rachel sent me a picture and I will work on them tomorrow and post it, along with pictures Brenda took at the zoo and one with Jane and Jess decorating the tree in the family room.  Instead of all my ornaments on the tree this year, Jess put all hers on the big tree.  It's really nice. 

Christmas decorating is taking forever this year.  I can only do about 15 - 30 minutes a day then I'm done.  Usually by this time I've been done before Thanksgiving.  Oh, well. 

2 comments:

  1. Close your eyes. Did you feel that? I just gave you a cyber hug. Hang in there. Your health will return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Nancy!!! Hurt is one thing - pain like that without her stopping or saying something is quite another! Next time - have your cane handy and if it hurts too much - poke her! She will get the idea to explain that it is going to hurt terribly (and arrange to give you something for the pain)!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete