Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Jessie's Fantastic Day

Brenda and Jess started out the day with breakfast at home then a trip to the gym to swim in the pool.  Later they picked up a Subway sandwich for Jess then drove to Brenda's house for a special get-together with a friend from Ontario.  Brenda said that Jess was awesome and made a fast friend with her friend, Dawn.  While there, Jessie decided that since there were so many presents already under the tree, she'd see who they were to and change things a bit.  While Brenda quietly watched (laughing hysterically), Jessie took every present out from under the tree and added her name to the gift tags, crossing off her daughter Jessica's name and adding "Jessie".  Then she piled up all the gifts in one big pile.  She also told Brenda that all those presents were hers.  Now, if it were me, she would have altered one gift tag, then I would have moved her, but Brenda said she was having so much fun watching her that she could care less what the tags said.  She left us tonight still laughing. 

Brenda and Jess picked me up at 3:30 to go to the foot doctor.  We waited 1 hour to see her and all she did was give me some bio freeze to rub into my foot and told me to run my foot over a frozen water bottle.  She was pretty sure that the pain I'm feeling is mostly the blood clot and only a small part plantar fasciatis.  She also said I needed to go back to PT immediately for my knee.  Which I can't, because my INR was only 1.2 yesterday and therapeutic range is 2.0-3.0.  This could take forever and no one wants to take the responsibility of sending me back to PT in case I throw a clot or bleed to death.  It is very frustrating to say the least. 

My appointment was in Rochester and we didn't get out until almost 5:30 so we went to Alex's Restaurant for dinner then Brenda drove us through downtown Rochester to see all the lights, which totally wound Jessie up.  In fact, she's still wound up.  Considering the day she's had, you'd think she would be tired.  Oh, no.  Not my girl.   

No comments:

Post a Comment