Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Good Work Day

While I worked on Lois' boxes after breakfast, Jon was outside working in his garden.  He put up more piping and webbing for climbing vegetables, finished mixing the 3 ingredients that make up his "Mel's Mix", completed putting it in all the boxes, and installed his gate. 

At lunch time he took a break and we went to the post office and mailed 3 more rubbermaids, went through McDonald's drive thru and ate in the van at the Washington park.

When we got home, Jess picked up dog poop (she's a great pooper scooper!) and picked up a lot of stones from the grass.  She worked for about 45 minutes then went swinging in her hammock swing.  When she got tired of being outside, I took a chance on her being good in the house and worked for 2 more hours in my garden.  Jon has more peat moss than what he needs so I am putting it in my flower garden.  I did more than I should have and had to take pain medicine, but I am thrilled that I can do some of my own gardening.  Jon and I kept walking to the house, peering inside to make sure Jess was where she was supposed to be.  She can spend hours watching Utube tv shows and working on her beads.  She was very good today. 

When we finished outside, I was absolutely way too tired and in too much pain to fix anything to eat, so we went to the Garden Grille.  The more that the 3 of us go out to eat, the better Jessie is in restaurants.  Other than speaking way too loudly, she is doing well.  I just need to get her to whisper!

No comments:

Post a Comment