Friday, April 5, 2013

Another Girl's Day Out

As always, Friday's are Breakfast Out Days, so Jess and I went to the Garden for breakfast.  (Debbie is STILL on vacation and Rachel went tent camping for the weekend in Ohio with her Adventure Group she has been part of for several years.)  We came home after breakfast because I had forgotten to make a grocery list.  After that was done, Jess and I went to Meijer's. 

I don't get the Macomb Daily anymore because I never read it and I was only getting it for the Sunday ads, which I figured I'd look at them on-line.  Debbie got me hooked up with MPerks and with the sales and a coupon, I did really well: 15% off general merchandise and 5% off groceries.  I had a total savings of $20.33. 

We had stuff in one cart for us, Jessie and Lois.  It's always a little difficult to keep 3 orders separate, but we did it and Jess was awesome!  She did ALL the scanning, and we went out with 2 carts full.  I only went over my budgeted amount by $10.00 that I took from my weekly money.  Way to go, ME!

Jess also took all the groceries out of each bag, wadded the bag up and put it in one bag to save.  I kept praising her and she kept giving me hugs.  What could have been better!  A nice day out with my daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment