Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Yard Work And An Afternoon Date Day

I had an early meeting this morning and when I finished I came home and worked outside.  It turned out to be a great morning.  I raked the entire front and part of the side yard.  It took me 1 1/2 hours, but I did it! 

There were still quite a few stones in the yard when I finished raking so I had Debbie bring Jess out, gave her gloves to wear and had her pick them up.  She got so into it, she didn't want to stop.  She ended up doing the entire front yard and by the side of the house.  When she couldn't find stones to pick up on the lawn, she went a little closer to the road and began picking up stones out of the road!

We brought Memphis out with us to see how he would obey his STAY command.  He did very well, although no squirrels ran by or no one was walking their dog.  He seemed to enjoy being out with us, rather than being in the backyard and watching through the fence.

Jon worked several hours mixing his "Mel's Mix" and putting it in his garden boxes.  He also put up metal conduit with trellis netting on it for his viney vegetables. 

Around 12:30, Jon and I went to Dimitri's for lunch then we drove down to the new Menard's store at M59 and I-94.  It was a very impressive, very large store and I was glad that the only amigo they had was available.  I wouldn't have been able to walk the entire store, especially with all the work I did outside earlier.

A good day. 





No comments:

Post a Comment