Saturday, April 6, 2013

Learning To Do Things On My Own

One of the "hardest" things I've had to deal with since Bill passed is that whenever anything goes wrong, or if I want something done, I have to call for help.  As you all know, Bill was very handy at everything, except for our vehicles.  A lot of the stuff I've had done around the house this past year, I definitely couldn't do myself. 

However, I do know the difference between a Phillips head screw driver and a regular screw driver.  So, tonight I began a project that might take me several days, but I will finish successfully.  Hopefully.  I purchased 2 white night stands to go in my "new" bedroom sitting area.  Naturally, they have to be put together.  Bill always put furniture together - Jon's done it, too.  I'm determined to do these 2 items myself.  (You might want to pray for me.)

Last night on Amazon.com, I purchased a handicapped weeder.  It is a long-handled weeder that can be used without having to bend over, which is something I shouldn't do.  I also figured I could use the pooper scooper to pick up leaves.  Don't laugh.  I want to be able to work in my garden this year, but can't bend over.  I'll let you know how the weeder works - when it warms up enough to work outside.

I've had a very productive and good day today.  Jessie, too.  Diane and Randie came for a short visit this afternoon and picked up some dirt and shelving units.  It's time to "go north".  Nite all.

No comments:

Post a Comment