Thursday, April 25, 2013

Last Day of Bible Study

Today was our last day of Bible Study until the fall.  After our small groups, we met for a pot-luck luncheon and had a nice time gabbing.  I'm afraid the table that I sit at is always the loudest and appears to have the most fun.  Especially today.

Rachel was here in the morning for Jess, Debbie in the afternoon.  I made several phone calls that I have been putting off and then began preparing two final rubbermaids to be mailed to Haiti by Saturday.

I sat upstairs for about an hour wrapped up in a blanket and drinking hot tea before Debbie left.  I turned down the furnace by one degree earlier this week, but it was too soon.  Hopefully by this weekend it'll warm up.  I saw a picture on FB that was quite funny, but almost true.  It said:  Meanwhile in Michigan: with a picture of a man in a summer shorts outfit cutting his lawn that was covered in snow. 

I bought a Fiskars long-handled weeder a while ago, and had the chance to try it out a couple of days ago.  It works great.  I guarantee that there will NEVER be another weed in the spot I pull one up.  It goes deep into the ground and pulls up the weed by its roots.  I'm looking forward to weeding my own garden and lawn this year.  I don't have to bend over with this.  It's perfect!

1 comment: