Friday, April 26, 2013

Screaming Kids Day

Poor Jess.  It seemed like the babies were out to get her today.  Jess, Debbie and I went to Garden for breakfast, and that was a good start to the day.  Hardly anyone was in there.  From there Debbie took Jessie to Meijer's and half-way through, Jess had a complete breakdown when she was faced with a screaming toddler in a basket.  She screamed "NO" to the girl and "BAD MOM!" to the mother before she burst out in tears.  Debbie literally had to hold her close for about 10 minutes to calm her down. 

They brought groceries home then went to Target for a hot dog.  Unfortunately, there was a screaming boy in there.  I guess she had a mini melt down.  When she got home she was so wound up and kept yelling "bad boy", and refused to do what Debbie asked her.  Not a good day out.

When I left them after breakfast, I did some last-minute shopping for my friend, Lois.  She had another shipment of books for the ministry arrive last week and we're hoping that if I get them ready to go by tomorrow and shipped to Florida, they might make the next boat and she will receive them before she comes to Michigan in June.  I went to the bank, post office, Home Depot, Payless Shoes, Target and Meijer's for items for the rubbermaids. 

I returned home with a headache so I sat down with heated rice packs on my neck and eyes for an hour.  I've been in a funk for the past couple of days.  I've been missing Bill a lot lately.  I feel very lonely at home.  Just feeling selfish, I guess. 

I called Chris around 5:00 to see if she'd like to meet somewhere for dinner but she was already in Imlay City getting her hair cut.  I didn't want her to drive all the way back down here, so we met in Armada and went to Papa's Restaurant.  Jess and I had fish and chips and brought home part of our meal for Jon.  Chris and I also had a piece of Achatz cheese cake.  When we got our bill, we were both surprised to find out that on Friday nights, with an entre, their pies are only $1.00.  Now, when was the last time you had a piece of cheese cake for $1.00, let alone an Achatz pie?  Luckily, there were no kids in the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment