Sunday, April 14, 2013

Losing Weight

All three of us have been doing very well in losing weight and becoming healthy.  We do eat out a lot, but we know how to adjust the rest of the day's meals to accommodate for the extra calories.  Jessie and I have been doing portion control and Jon's been doing Weight Watchers.  For the past month, I've also been doing My Fitness Pal, which is a free app on my iPhone.  Jon has lost 30 pounds, Jessie has lost 19 pounds, and I have lost 20 pounds.

Now, with Jess, it is NOT easy limiting her food consumption.  It's the one thing that she is very obsessed with from the time she gets up in the morning until she goes to bed.  She has breakfast, lunch, a portioned snack at 4, then dinner.  We do not eat family style anymore.  I fix our portion controlled plates at the stove and we do not go back for seconds.  This has also helped us not hearing Jessie demand the rest of the food that is in the bowls on the table.  The bowls aren't there, so she just eats what is in front of her and gets up and leaves the room. 

All this leads in to what Jess said this afternoon to me.  After church we decided to go to Garden for a grilled veggie wrap for lunch, which is one of my favorite meals there.  When we were finished I took Jess to the restroom and while we were in there I asked her what she would like to do when she got home.  Her answer ... "Eat dinner!"

1 comment: