Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A 3-Hour Doctor's Appointment

Jon took me to the knee doctor this afternoon. I am thankful that Jon is good to talk to because we finally got to see the physician 2 hours after we arrivied.  The gal that took care of me in the room asked how the weather was outside.  I said, "Well, when we came in 2 hours ago it was OK."  Long story short, I should have a total knee replacement, but I opted to have the 3 shots of "stuff" they inject to separate the bone on bone.  Why?  Because my right leg is worse than my left knee.  I go to the doctor's tomorrow for my leg - the second time.  My "diagnosis" is my herniated discs are pinching something, although I have no idea why I have a lump on the side of my leg.  Prayers would be appreciated.

Tonight I am using my mom's walker.  It actually helps the pain and stops me from walking like a penguin.  I'm supposed to keep my leg elevated and iced for the next couple of days.  We'll see.  I have 2 doctor's appointments tomorrow.  One for Jess and one for me. 

Debbie returned and Jess was very happy to see her.  Me, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment