Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy New Year, Dr. Baker!

I had my first of many dental visits today.  Remember last year I told you I had gone after an absence of many years?  In those absent years my teeth had begun to decay under fillings or crowns.  To the tune of $7,000!  When I saw his list of recommendations, I told him that "This is not going to happen!"  I had one done last year and a cleaning.  Today was my first visit for the new year.  I do have dental insurance, but since my cost was $350.84, I'm sure that it'll be many more years till all my work is done.  When I got home Jess wanted to know if the dentist was happy.  I assured her he most certainly was!

I was there for 2 1/2 hours and had a crown put on.  I guess it's something new.  He makes the crowns there and I walked out finished - crown on and ready to use.  However, my face wasn't.  I am very sensitive to mouth pain, so I was so numbed up that only the right side of my face worked.  I came out praising God that he has allowed me not to be paralized.  It's a horrible "feeling".  I smiled and only half my mouth and half my nose lifted. 

Today was girl's day out, but I didn't feel so good when he finished so I just drove through McDonald's and got us a dollar menu meal to eat at home.  When I ate, I had to lift up my lip in order to put food inside.  Not a pretty sight.  Especially for the drooling part. 

Debbie left and Jon took care of Jess while I took a very long nap.  When I woke, my face was back!  I was invited to a friend's house for dinner then we played games - there were 4 of us ladies.  Another fun night.  Thanks, Jon.  I appreciate you taking care of the homefront!

No comments:

Post a Comment