Thursday, January 3, 2013

An Eventful Day

As I was raising the blinds in the laundry room this morning I heard a strange sound coming from the basement.  A sound I've not heard before and it didn't sound right.  To make a long story short, 1 of my 3 sump pumps died - the oldest.  Thankfully, I was able to have my friend, Bob, replace it late this afternoon.

Debbie returned and Jess spent quite a bit of time hugging her when she first got here.  They went to Meijer's and drove through McDonald's for lunch.   

Dorene came and put up several shelving units for me - one in the living room and one in Jessie's closet.   They both look great and I can't wait to start organizing these shelves.  Right now I'm still working on the rubbermaids for Lois.   I had to go to several stores to complete my shopping today.  Hopefully, I will complete this project tomorrow so I can begin taking down the Christmas decorations on Saturday.

Jane and Rachel came around 5:00 and we exchanged Christmas gifts then went out to dinner.  We went to the Hong Kong Cafe (perfect for Jess as there was only one couple in there).  To make it even more special of a Christmas outing, we walked next door to the Dairy Queen and had Blizzards, as it was snowing outside.  It was a really nice get together.   

No comments:

Post a Comment