Monday, January 14, 2013

Girls Afternoon Out

My morning began with a 9:30 meeting with Jessie's Case Worker, who must come in the home once a month.  Then at 10:15, our Case Worker from the Department of Human Services (DHS) came for her once-every-6-months in-home visit.  A quick breakfast and I went to the post office and took in the downstairs vacuum to be fixed - again - only to come out the door with a new one.  This one has a bag.  I hated the container that had to be emptied by hand.  It's a Panasonic and I'm hoping for good results.

Back home to pick up Jess for a quick lunch at McDonald's then a 1:40 p.m. doctor's appointment for her. The lump under her left arm has swollen again and needs an antibiotic.  I didn't want to take Jess into a doctor's office well, since most everyone there was sick, but these doctor's just won't send in a prescription, even though we've been doing this for several years.  One of the receiptionists said that the employees were dropping like flies.  Not a good thing.  When we got in the van we used hand cleaner.  (When we went to Target I grabbed a basket and Jess ran over to the sanitizing wipes - we've got her trained good!)

From there we dropped off a book at a friend's house, went to Target for more storage containers for Jessie's under-the-cabinet educational materials, Office Depot for book ends, dropped off a letter for Lois, picked up a pizza for dinner at Little Caesar's and Walgreen's for Jessie's prescription.  By the time I got home my knees were throbbing.  And, this is only Monday !!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment