Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Long Day and A New Prayer Request

Our first appointment was at 11:00 this morning for Jessie at the endocrinologist's office.  That went really well, but long.  Because she's lost so much weight, the doctor has cut some of her medication in half.  I'm so please with this.  Our goal is to be medication free, as much as possible, and we're on our way!  She was very loud in the office because it was filled with so many people. 

Debbie went with us today to help with Jessie because I wasn't sure how my knee and leg would be.  We ate at Wendy's for lunch then I had to stop at the Family Christian Stores for a couple gifts that I wanted to get while I was on Hall Road.  I had to use the walker.  That's a whole new experience.  I try not to take Jessie in this particular store because she goes immediately back to the kids section and fills up her small basket she picks up at the front door.  That girl sure likes to shop.  We ended up putting half of it back with a "How about ... maybe you'll get this for your birthday?"  That usually works.  But not always.  She's catching on.

My family doctor appointment was at 2:50 and Debbie and Jess waited in the building's foyer for me.  I have to have an ultrasound, then possibly a biopsy of the lump on my leg.  I will call tomorrow for the ultrasound appointment. 

Throughout the day it felt like my upper right arm was hot, and getting hotter.  Very unusual but didn't think too much about it until I had Jon look at it and I have a large round and very hot spot on my arm.  My personal RN strongly advised me to see a doctor first thing in the morning.  Possible blood clot?  I had my blood pressure taken there over a week ago and it was so tight it left a huge bruise on my arm.  It could have been from that.  Prayers would be appreciated. I don't need anything else go wrong with my body.  Especially a blood clot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment