Friday, October 4, 2013

Another Birthday Lunch and A Night Out With Jess

Jon and I met Diane and Randie at Bad Brad's for my birthday lunch.  I've never eaten there and it was such a beautiful day, we ate on the patio near the cracklin' fireplace.  I had a couple sliders and a side dish of their mac and cheese. All was good.  I also got a rootbeer float because it was my birthday celebration. (That was reminiscent of last year when I had root beer or vernors floats at my party!).   Along with the lunch, Di and Randie gave me money to go toward a series of books I wanted and have ordered.  Another fun birthday celebration. 

Tonight Jon was going to watch Jess while I went to a freind's house to sing worship songs and pray.  He hasn't been feeling up to par lately, just run down I think, and he didn't feel up to watching Jessie.  I called my friend and asked her if I could bring Jess along, since there were only going to be a few women there.  Of course, she didn't mind.  I was absolutely thrilled.  It's one of the few times that I have been able to take her with me and enjoy the evening.  She likes to sing and she loves music.  I followed along with my finger on the song words and she did, too.  I don't get to take her many places, and I am very pleased that tonight turned out so well.  I love spending time with my daughter.  We got home a bit ago and she's winding down on her iPad, enjoying a bowl of ice cream.  I just finished mine, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment