Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bible Study

This morning was our Bible Study and it was sooooo powerful.  If you've never done a Beth Moore Bible Study, I highly recommend it.  Her videos are awesome.  I need to download today's from her web site just to have to watch again.  We are doing The Patriarchs.  Today's video topic was Abraham's faithfulness in (almost) sacrificing his son, Isaac, as God told him to do.

Rachel brought Jessie to Bible Study and then Debbie took over from there.  We also had a luncheon.  We always have 2 each book and today was the first.  Jess did pretty good at the luncheon except there were a couple small kids - one with a high pitched squeal that drove some adults nuts, never mind Jessie!  From there Debbie and Jess went to Meijer's grocery shopping.

I came home, sat in the coolness and quiet of my home and rested. I'm rarely home alone and it was nice.  I'm almost feeling guilty in taking time for myself the past two days since there's so much to do, but not guilty enough to stop relaxing. 

I met Chris, Carol and Joyce for dinner in Armada tonight.  It was our last monthly-get-together until Joyce returns from Georgia next April/May.  I will miss our monthly luncheons/dinners.  When you think of it, please pray for Joyce who has a herniated disc in her back, due to a fall she took about a month ago.  She's in quite a bit of pain.  She had back surgery a couple years ago plus two knee replacements this past spring and has done amazingly well.  This set back is a big disappointment and discouragement to her.  Your prayers would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment