Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Personalized Settings

If you're like me, you have "personalized settings" for how you like to drive your vehicle.  Like, how far back you like the seat, at what angle, steering wheel, and radio settings.  If you're almost the only driver of your vehicle you don't have to worry about resetting everything when ever you drive it. Jon and I took my van to the Chrysler Dealer to have them figure out why my phone won't pair with the radio/UConnect.  Because of the fiascos I have had there, they gave me a free rental while they worked on my van.  That in itself was hysterical.  First, there was no key.  A push button that was activated by a key fob that needed to be in the vehicle started the Dodge Journey.  Second, we couldn't find the shut off button for the blaring radio on a crappy station.  Then I had to try to adjust all the settings so I could drive. 

I took the rental because they led me to believe it would be a couple days. Only a couple hours later the radio was "fixed" and I could pick it up.  I could have just used the shuttle service!  When I went to drive away, I wondered why did they need to readjust the steering wheel, the seat and the radio station?  I had to redo everything.  Can you tell that this is a pet peeve of mine?  To top it off, I used the UConnect tonight to call Jon to let him know I was on my way home from SM, and it wouldn't work.  AHHHHH!

2 comments:

  1. Funny - when I take my car to the dealership - my seat and steering wheel are never moved - but ALL the accessories are turned off! Like automatic lights, radio, heat/air. That makes me crazy too! I go to Rochester Chrysler on Rochester Road south of Avon Road. Problems with service have been very minimal - like forgetting to put a sticker so I know when to have the next oil change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so they still didn't fix what you took it in for. Had a dead battery late last week and had to order one which they said would be there at 7:30am - so I got jumped off and when I got there to have it put in they had sold it- however, small town - they went down to the garage, brought it back and put it in for free..

    ReplyDelete