Saturday, October 26, 2013

Family Date Day

My surgery date is quickly approaching and today was one of the last days the 3 of us could go away and have a date day.  Since I was in so much pain last night, I had asked Jess if we could stay home, but she was adament that she wanted to go see the "big boats", and especially since she had purchased snacks just for today. 

Thankfully, I woke feeling better - I went to bed at 10:00 (something I rarely do) and didn't get out of bed until 10:00 a.m.  Jess slept in til 8:00 and Jon 10:10.  We left for Tim Horton's around 11:00 for our traditional vacation breakfast: bagels and cream cheese and a few TimBits.  We decided to go to Port Huron the long way - 23 Mile to Algonac then up to Port Huron.  We went into the Algonac State Park and watched a few young men skeet shoot.  There were still quite a few campers in their park, too.  The water was very blue and VERY choppy.  We happened to be driving by when one of the car ferries for Canada left the dock and it looked like it was going to tip over - if I had been on that boat, I surely would have been screaming, that's for sure.  It was really rough waters.

It was a beautiful day and the colors were spectacular; until we were almost to Port Huron when it looked like it was going to storm.  We ate an early dinner at Cracker Barrell, which included their coca cola chocolate cake for dessert.  It was SOOO good, but very rich.  Maybe once a year we can splurge on it - Jess and I shared one so we didn't have too much.  We then shopped at Mary Maxim's.  Jess got herself a paint set and I bought a cute scarecrow doll for inside the house at 60% off.  We were going to do more shopping, but it began to rain so we decided to come home.  It POURED on the way back on I-94.  Both Jon and Jess slept on the way home and I took a nap when we got home.

A very nice day with my two very nice kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment