Tuesday, October 22, 2013

We Saw Debbie Today

Jon, Jess and I went to breakfast then we visited Debbie.  It was just so neat to watch Jessie see Debbie for the first time since the accident.  She stared at her and grabbed her hand, as I told her not to give her a hug.  However, Debbie let her hug her.  Jess noticed the bruises on  her neck and touched them.  Debbie sat in a chair and Jess sat at her feet and just held her hand and kept kissing her hand.  I know it did a world of good for Jessie to actually see Debbie for herself.  Who knows what Jessie envisioned what Deb would look like? It was special just watching her hold her hand. 

It reminded me of when I haven't seen someone in a long time I just want to keep hugging them or holding their hand.  Like Lois when she comes home from Haiti.  We have said so many good byes in 30 years and just as many hellos.  When she gets off the plane we hug and I just want to hold her hand, I'm so glad to see her and be near her.  I miss her alot when she is not in Michigan. 

It also brings to my mind a spiritual picture of me sitting at Jesus' feet and holding His hand.  The time I spend in His presence is very special and I long for that closeness each day.  I know that the time Jessie spent with Debbie today was a very important part of Jessie's healing in the "loss" of Debbie's presence each day.  Please continue to pray for her physical, emotional and spiritual healing. 

1 comment:

  1. Your postings are so touching to read so perfectly in tune with our savior

    ReplyDelete